Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Main Project - Audio Steganography

Our final semester main project is finally complete and i would like to point out some facts about that as i had posted earlier.

Project Name : Audio Steganography App
Frontend : Java (J2SE)
Backend  : SQL Server or MS Access db

Synopsis : Steganography is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one apart from the sender and intended recipient even realizes there is a hidden message. Audio Steganography deals with 
embedding an encrypted message into an audio file. The embeded file still 
plays as a normal audio file!


Ok first of all let me say that this program has a deeply researched and unique GUI that sets it apart from most Java based applications, courtesy of Artistik expressionz.

GUI Development in Java is not exactly developer friendly i guess,
atleast for me. The GUI has to be handcoded and placed on the Stage. 
Frustrating, but found short cut methods for doing that. 
Some three days were devoted entirely on designing and placing controls 
for the first two frames! Working in .net was more fun :-(

Then some database connectivity was the next step. Although nothing 
specifically related to the main project, this would add a 
no of forms / frames, would make the project seem bigger 
than it really is.

So the main modules of the app can be stated as:
1. User Management
2. Steg
3. Desteg
4. Log Writing

Of these theres nothing much to discuss about User Management - Just user login, registration, changing password etc.

Log Writer is my own contribution. Just logs out all activities done 
by the program. I wanted to learn about File I/O in Java, 
thats why that was implemented and also one more class.

Now the main parts are Steg and Desteg and ill discuss in detail about them soon...

14 comments:

Angelo said...

Interesting Project... I wonder how the encryption is done. Where would the bits of information be placed so that there is no discernible difference in the audio quality? I guess doing this kind of steganography with MP3s would be a little daunting. How about WAVs?

Midhun Harikumar said...

This project is being done for embedding messages into WAV files and relies on the special structure of the uncompressed WAV file.
WAV files have a header of 44 bytes.
The MP3 file is much different, it consists of MP3 frames and each frame has header, data and footer part. so it will be a bit complicated to keep track of the data...

Unknown said...

pls send me ur code at my email:sumeetdude100@gmail.com

Unknown said...

please mail me your code for steganography at sakshigoyal89@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hi! i'm writting exactly the same project in Java, so it would be nice if you can help me to understand the tehniqe...can you send me your source code with some detailed comments especially in Steganoinformation.java and Steganograph.java classes?!
Also, I have a problem with desteging the embedded files...steg works good, but when i try to desteg embedded file, compiler says:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: paket/SteganoInformation, method: signature: '(Ljava/io/File;)V) Constructor must call super() or this()'
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
my mail is: mantic87ja@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Plz send me the code at sakshigoyal89@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hi,
i'm jeni.i do the same project in java using the lsb technique.can you guide me?.
plz explain the concepts around this project.
it'll really useful to me to understand the whole concepts clearly.
so plz explain the concepts such as byte expression,password based algorithm......
plzplzplz..............
i'm waiting for ur answer
plz send the details of this project to my mail : rexitaann@gmail.com

Unknown said...

can u send me source code in audio stegnography in java please its very urgent in my project
pritam9226@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Can you send me the source code it will helpful in my Project work.

My mail id is nilaymistry30@gmail.com

SeƱora-divertida said...

Can u plz plz plz send me your code at vyasabhilasha090@gmail.com. it'll be very very helpful at this moment!

ShootMe said...

The description in this blog is what I am looking for to build my college project. So if anyone of you can help me out, then please let me know at binod.vsj@gmail.com
Thanks in advance :)

Unknown said...

plzzzzz plz plz plzzzzzzzzzz need help badly send me dis project plz at vicky22702@gmail.com

Shyama said...

plz send me this projct to my mai shyamasreecm@gmail.com

JAIDEEP SINGH said...

pls snd me dis project on my mail. ....jai123singh47@gmail.com